Thursday, April 26

spring, where art thou?

These past few weeks have been a big tease with the weather. It was cold and rainy, then it was cold and sunny, then it was hot and sunny. Now we're back to cold and sunny, though tomorrow is supposed to be lukewarm and rainy.

Every year around this time we all get impatient for some warm weather, but I want to point out that there are few signs that spring is on its way.

The flowers are blooming. My nose is running non-stop and I'm sneezing. The trees are showing signs of green, so slowly but surely. And the pigeons are mating.



Before this apartment, I'd never paid too much attention to pigeons. Sure, they are all over the place in New York. Most of the time they are missing a leg and hobble painfully around, begging for crumbs and looking completely pathetic. But we have a pair that sun themselves by our window. And this past week they've been very busy.

I try not to get too involved in the life of our pigeons (our cat, Dinah, is much more interested), but there was some definite action over the weekend.

The other good news is that my daliah bulbs, which I (legally) planted over the weekend, seem to be sprouting already. They must be very eager little plants!

No comments: