Wednesday, March 7

playing hookey


I didn't go to work today.

When I quit my job at the end of January, the point was that I'd have a day a week to work on my career: to design, to send out resumes and re-do my portfolio. Of course, that hasn't happened. Another job opportunity came along and I took it. It is also good for my career, though not in the same way as ordering new business cards is.

The man that I work for is too busy to supervise me this week, so I will have two days off. I haven't had a weekday off by myself since I moved in with Christopher in September. It is glorious. Today was wonderful and fulfililing and so good for my psyche. It was my "me" day.

Of course, I didn't send out any letters to theaters. I didn't organize my drawing table either, which has been cluttered and unusable for over a month. I vacuumed and made apple bread though, and I went to the gym. And I took pictures of our newly painted bedroom, but I didn't find my camera battery charger.

Luckily, I have one more day off this week. And I'm sure then I'll be able to take care of the overflowing laundry, sort the bills and order business cards.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do the business cards first. The laundry can wait Cuz!