Friday, August 17

some cooking humor

A few years ago, I read a book called Julie and Julia:365 Days, 524 Recipes, 1 Tiny Apartment Kitchen. I know that some people didn't care for it, but I loved it. In the book Julie Powell, a writer about my age living in Queens, sets out to cook every recipe in Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking, Volume I. During the course of that year she learns a lot about herself and her marriage and what she's good at. I found it rather inspiring.

In any case, she is obsessed with Julia Child. Before I read the book, never had much interest in Julia Child, but now I'm fascinated with her as a person. I haven't yet bought My Life in France, but someday I will and I know I will love it.

Julia's birthday was yesterday, and a site that I frequently read posted this video. It's rather brilliant, I must say. Enjoy!

No comments: