Wednesday, June 4

a meme

Those of you who read lots of blogs will have noticed that there's a new meme circling around. Ewephoric tagged me a few days ago, and I've been thinking about how and when to respond...

First of all: Rules.
Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.

Now, the questions:

1) What was I doing 10 years ago?
In June of 1998 I was finishing my first year as an "adult," that is: post college. I had been free lancing, and landed a summer job as a programming assistant for the Independent Feature Film Market (which is run by IFP). It was one of those intensely interesting jobs with a steep learning curve, lots of responsibility and almost no pay. I was calling indie directors and producers asking if they'd speak on a panel. And then, once we moved into our venue, I was responsible for organizing our squads of volunteers. Trial by fire!

2.) What are 5 things on my to-do list for today (not in any particular order)
Things I've done:
-read the script for Couldn't Say
-write a note to Anne's husband (see previous entry)
-Call Christopher (he's in Dallas for a reading of one of his plays)
-email a theater company that has tentatively hired me, and confirm that I am hired (I am!)
-unclog the vacuum cleaner (it seemed to have a blockage, and I pulled out what looked like a hairball!)

Things I need to do:
-clean the apartment (we'll see)
-pay some bills
-think about the set design for Couldn't Say, and perhaps do some research
-make a healthy dinner for myself
-get the publicity photos for Couldn't Say from the photographer.

3) Snacks I enjoy:
-hummus and pita
-apples and pears (though not together)
-rice chips (I really like salty snacks. I just try not to buy chips much, as I'll eat a whole bag in one sitting)
-almonds

4)Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
well, I couldn't keep all that money, right?
-I'd give a bunch to charities, a mixture of arts organizations and groups helping in third world countries, like the AFSC.
-I'd renovate our apartment, and I'd do it right (like with an architect and a contractor, and we'd stay somewhere else while it was happening) And we'd buy the apartment next door and expand into it.
-I'd quit my day job.
-I'd rent a studio space for myself, and a writing space for Christopher.
-I'd spend a few months a year in Tuscany, and I'd learn Italian again. Or I'd brush it up, anyway. And I'd cook amazing food. Or I'd hire a Tuscan cook who could cook for me when I'm too busy to bother.
-I'd collect art.
-I'd buy tons of yarn. Or a sheep farm. (Christopher would kill me.)
Really, my life would change. Drastically. That's what it really comes down to.

5) Places I have lived:
I'm not sure what counts as "lived..." Here's where I've lived for more than 6 months.
-Philadelphia (18 years)
-Maine (though only in the summers)
-Northampton, MA (college)
-Florence, Italy (9 months)
-New York City (Manhattan for 6 years and Brooklyn for 4 years)

6) Six people I would like to tag are:
Terra, Alyssa, Boodely, Friender, Meg and Kristina.

1 comment:

Terra said...

It's done! I like those questions.