Tuesday, August 5

busy week

Wow! It's been a while since I've blogged. I was on a roll there, and then we got into the final stretch of Christopher's show and we started thinking about everything we need to do before we go to Maine. And well, I took a break from blogging.

I did knit something last week though. An entire finished object in just a few days: a new hat for Christopher. Of course, it's 90 degrees (or close to it) these days, so it's not something that Christopher requested that I make or something there was any necessity for. Here it is.
It's Jared Flood's Turn a Square hat.
I basically saw it and knew immediately that I needed to use some of the Noro Silk Garden that I'd been hoarding for about 2 years. And it went perfectly with some of my hand spun! I'm so excited about this hat. I feel like making similar versions for everyone for Christmas, or at least a beret-type of thing with changing stripes for myself.In other news, we're having our floors redone while we're in Maine, so before we go we have to move everything from our living room and den into our bedroom and office. This is problematic as we need to use the bedroom and office until around the time we go, so it's causing much anxiety. At least, it makes me anxious.

No comments: